There are 57 rums from Holmes Cay in the RumX database.Show all rums from Holmes Cay
Top rated rums from Holmes Cay
Top review from Ian Gilman:
"A beautiful ester bomb with tons of tropical fruit and buttered popcorn. Not just regular popcorn but the exact aroma of movie theater style buttered popcorn. It isn’t super woody and I love that. Even more excited to try DOK… someday"
Top review from mto75:
"the 16 years in American oak are already very noticeable on the nose. With the oak barrel then also comes the accompanying vanilla flavor, plus some caramel. The alcohol also stings a bit on the nose. On the palate, vanilla, dark chocolate, roasted flavors. Impression as with the Nobilis (No.16) 2004 South Pacific: unfortunately rather below average and far from the great 2001 bottlings."
Top review from Kayla Roy:
"Phenomenal, how delicious! This is not for everyone, but if you like funky, almost gross smelling rum (if you know, you know) this is the thing. It smells like white dog and fights like a much younger distillate. Wonderful!"
Top review from Henry Davies:
"There is complexity here and it is a solid single cask rum but somehow it is lacking that special oomph. Nose is integrated with citrus, banana and a slight medicinal edge. Palate is light with again some banana but nothing too complex, with a warm and fairly short finish. Not my favourite of the HC offerings"
Top review from BigFlax:
"For a molasses rum, it starts pleasantly grassy like an agricole, although it gets “darker” after some breathing time and begins to hint at burnt sugar. Some nice peppery spice notes with hints of nutmeg and a pineapple character. Medium length greener finish."
Top review from Abrahan Reyes:
"I think is 13 years no 14 as stated in rum x. Apparently is made in Grays Distilling. On the nose, it feels very floral with some mango and tangerine notes. On the palate, menthol, and peaches. The aftertaste is medium with some vanilla and some sweet bread hints."
Community reviews of Holmes Cay
What are recent discussions about this rum?
All rums bottled by Holmes Cay
- Holmes Cay Versailles Demerara - Smuggler’s Cove Private Selection VSG 2012 10yr 55% RX15840
- Holmes Cay Uitvlugt Guyana 2003 18yr 51% RX9524
- Holmes Cay Travellers Belize 2008 13yr 61% RX15060
- Holmes Cay Travellers Belize 2008 13yr 61% RX13015
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2007 15yr 61% RX17048
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2006 16yr 61% RX18074
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2006 16yr 61% RX15327
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2006 15yr 61% RX13024
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2006 15yr 61% RX12982
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2005 15yr 61% RX7926
- Holmes Cay Travellers 2005 15yr 61% RX15614
- Holmes Cay Ten Cane Trinidad 2012 10yr 59% RX15075
- Holmes Cay Ten Cane 2012 10yr 59,1% RX13022
- Holmes Cay South Pacific Single Origin Edition Fiji Rum 46% RX13107
- Holmes Cay South Pacific Fiji 2004 16yr 58% RX15067